Sri Lanka Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
Бакалавр, магистратура, PhD
Deadline 15 oct.
Applications are invited from eligible students for the award of undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships offered by the Ministry of Higher Education, Sri Lanka under the Government of Sri Lanka Presidential Scholarships for Foreign Students for the academic year 2014/15 and the courses are to commence in December 2014. Since this is a government to government scholarship program, candidates should apply for this scholarship with the recommendation of the government scholarship nominating agency (Ministry / Institution) of the respective country. Scholarships are open for courses of studies other than Medical & Dental Sciences.
The scholarships are open to international students. Applicants who are citizens of another country having Sri Lankan dual citizenship are not eligible to apply.
For undergraduate applicants:
- Candidates with impressive results of an examination deemed equivalent to G.C.E. (Advance Level) Examination of Sri Lanka
- Be less than 25 years of age on 15.10.2014
- A minimum score of 525 on TOEFL or 6.0 on IELTS
For postgraduate applicants:
- Applicants should possess a first degree from a recognized university with good academic merit to enroll a Masters degree and for PhD studies, Master/MPhil degree is required in addition to the first degree
- Be less than 45 years of age on 15.10.2014
- A minimum score of 550 on TOEFL or 6.5 on IELTS
- tuition and registration
- visa for studies
- a monthly living allowance of Rs. 30, 000
- one-off settlement allowance of Rs. 10,000
- reimbursement of cost of air fare (economy class) to come to Sri Lanka and return to home country
- medical cover
Each applicant should submit 4 (one original) to their government nominating agency. The government nominating agency should submit the applications with their recommendation to the Sri Lankan mission in their country for forwarding the same to the Ministry of Higher Education, Sri Lanka. In case a Sri Lankan mission is not present in their country, the government nominating agency can forward the applications directly.
Applications with the recommendation of the government nominating agency should be submitted by 15 October 2014 to the address:
Ministry of Higher Education,
No : 18, Ward Place,