New Fellowship Programme for Central Asia
The aim of our Fellowship Programmes is to give the next generation of leaders the chance to explore issues of governance, social justice and the rule of law through an intensive four-week series of workshops, debates, visits and placements in the UK, reinforced by follow-up mentoring and support. Those who successfully complete the initial UK programme and year-long engagement become part of the distinguished JST Alumni, a network of over 500 Fellows across the region, continuing to exchange and collaborate with other members and participating in events. The JST Fellowship is for life.
It is now possible to apply for the Autumn 2017 Central Asia Fellowship Programme.
To apply you must:
- Speak and write fluent English (preferably having already studied or worked in English)
- Demonstrate your potential as a leader in your chosen professional field, committed to the positive future development of your country.
- Demonstrate a clear professional interest in the areas of good governance, rule of law or social justice.
- Propose an Action Plan addressing a policy or organisational issue of importance in your field of work which you intend to implement on return to your home country, and which will be informed by your experience in the UK.
- Be prepared to make a substantial commitment if selected as a Fellow: to be available for a four-week residential programme in the UK and to participate actively in the JST Alumni Network in the long-term.
John Smith Fellows can come from any field, particularly politics, administration, business, the media, and civil society. The age band of Fellows will normally be 25 to 35 years.
How to apply
The process starts with a short application form, which you should complete as soon as possible. Please note, we will close the short form on 18th August. If you are selected for the next stage we will ask you to complete a longer application form, with a deadline of 25th August.
The final stage for shortlisted candidates is a face-to-face interview in their country in September. Final selection and confirmation of Fellows will happen in September.
MORE INFORMATION: http://www.johnsmithmemorialtrust.org/apply.aspx