Adelaide International Undergraduate Scholarships (AIUS)
The University of Adelaide offers four targeted scholarship programs for commencing international students undertaking undergraduate study. All scholarships in this program have the following conditions:
- Available for commencing international students only;
- Study in any discipline except Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Bachelor of Oral Health and the Bachelor of Science (Veterinary Bioscience);
- Benefits are the waiver of full tuition fees for the normal duration of the program, subject to satisfactory performance, up to a maximum of four years;
- A scholarship recipient completing a three year degree program who is offered a further year in the Honours Program may apply for an extension of the scholarship to cover that year; and
- Scholarships are available only for the first four years of a double degree.
The application process is different for each targeted scholarship program. Please read the information below carefully:
- For students seeking a scholarship for undergraduate study, a separate online application process for scholarships is required.
- Students wishing to apply for a scholarship should lodge their application for admission several weeks before the scholarship application closing date.
- Applicants for the AIUS � general will be required to have already received a current unconditional offer of admission to the University of Adelaide to be considered for a scholarship.
- Students with a conditional offer of admission must have demonstrated that they meet all the conditions of their offer, and have received acknowledgement from the International Office that their offer is unconditional, before lodging an application for a scholarship.
- Students completing Foundation Studies programs at Bradford or Eynesbury Colleges do not need to apply online. The results will be forwarded to us by the Colleges.
Full Fee Scholarships
The University may award Full Fee Scholarships to outstanding international students from any country to undertake postgraduate research.
Benefits are payment of full tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only). No other allowances are provided.
Full Fee Scholarships will ONLY be allocated to international applicants who have been awarded a stipend by the host School, Faculty, or Research Institute. Applicants must also meet the minimum English Language Proficiency requirements for direct entry to their academic program, hold at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree, and rank competitively against successful applicants in the current International Scholarship Order of Merit list.
Under normal circumstances Full Fee Scholarships will not be provided for students who seek a second (or subsequent) degree which is at the same level, or at a lower level, than the highest one they already hold. However under exceptional circumstances a scholarship may be considered if at least five years have lapsed since the first comparable award was attained and the student can identify a major change in discipline.
Applicants must be nominated by their Principal Supervisor and Executive Dean. Applications will be considered at any time.