Master Studies in Agricultural and Resource Economics in Thailand
The ARE international student scholarships offer 2014 new students from low-income and lower middle-income countries to study in the Master of Science (M.S.) English Program in Agricultural and Resource Economics (ARE) at Kasetsart University. The funds are to support tuition fee and monthly research assistant stipend including research expenditure and health insurance. ARE scholarship is available for two consecutive academic years of full-time graduate enrollment.
Currently M.S. Program in Agricultural and Resource Economics at Kasetsart University is the most recognized program of its kind in Thailand, and became increasingly renowned internationally. The program is designed to broaden the students knowledge in this discipline and to engender regional and international exchange of ideas in agricultural development and policy issues.
- Must come from World Bank low-income or lower middle-income countries;
- Must be accepted to M.S. in Agricultural and Resource Economics (English Program) at Kasetsart University in 2014.
Scholarship- Tuition waiver for the whole two-year program;
- 8,000 THB/month allowance for 24 months;
- Up to 50,000 THB research expenditure;
- 4,000 THB for health insurance for two years;
- Maintain at least 3.5 GPA every semester;
- One publication in Thailand Citation Index or Scopus within one year after graduation.
Note: USD 1 is approximately 31 THB.
Scholarship application must be submitted along with completed application form with supporting documents at least 3 months prior to desire enrollment.
Admission to the program is based on the careful evaluation of following documents by the Department Graduate Study Committee:
1. Applicant’s academic records;
2. A certificate of English proficiency test;
3. Three letters of recommendation by former advisors and/or supervisors;
4. Statement of purpose.
Please submit your application documents to: Ms. Kanittha Pongsuchart
Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
Faculty of Economics, Kasetsart University
Bangkok, Thailand 10900
Any program inquiry should be addressed to email@example.com.