Visiting Research Scholars at Banque de France, ParisFondation Banque de France is Bank of France�s sponsor for research in Money, Finance and Banking. It acts as a catalyst for research, focusing on relevant policy issues and implementing competitive selection processes. The Foundation invites researchers for a stay of 1-3 weeks during which they interact with Banque de France research teams.
The Fondation Banque de France Visiting Scholars Program is aimed at researchers who would like to carry out research on money, finance or banking at Banque de France for some weeks, possibly in two periods. The objective of the program is to promote central-bank-relevant research and foster the interchange of ideas between Banque de France and the academic community. Interaction with members of the Bank staff is encouraged, notably in the form of co-authoring. Invited scholars are provided with office and technical support and carry out their project after entering into a research agreement, with a view to laying the groundwork for a paper that could eventually be submitted for publication in an international journal.
The Foundation encourages submissions on the following themes:
- Monetary Policy & Prices: Monetary Policy Strategy under uncertainty; integration of financial variables; micro data and nominal rigidities; interaction with fiscal policies; exchange rate policies; unconventional monetary policies and exiting
- Potential Growth: productivity, rigidities, structural reforms
- Financial Stability: competition, liquidity, pro-cyclicality; macro-prudential regulation; risk assessment (systemic; individual institutions) ; financial crisis and resolution; financial regulation
- International Macro: global imbalances; international coordination; globalisation and growth, globalisation
- Financial institutions and financial markets: risk assessment; investment banking ; corporate finance; capital structures, financial innovation
The Foundation acknowledges receipt of the applications outright. Long term projects are examined by a Selection Committee chaired by the vice-president of the Foundation.
The Foundation covers costs for transport, accommodation, meals plus a lump sum of �50 per day for daily living expenses.
Interested researchers should submit their project to the Foundation using the submission form, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail at:
Fondation Banque de France pour la recherche
75049 Paris Cedex 01
For further information, please write to: email@example.com or call at : +33 1 42 92 29 91.
The submission deadline for visits taking place in 2014 will be 15 November 2013.