Visual Arts Scholarships
Aid for training, research or personal projects around artistic creation, which conclude with the organisation of the Itineraries Exhibition and the publication of a catalogue. The Fundacion Botin assigns 220,000 € to Visual Arts Grants for study, research and the undertaking of individual projects in the sphere of (non-theoretical) artistic work.
The period covered by the grants will be 9 months. Grants involving relocation can be extended for a second period, depending on the outcome of a further application made before the closing date of the annual edition of the grants.
The grants are subject to applicable taxes in Spain. Payment procedures: 45% at the beginning of duration, 25% in the two following trimesters and 5% on receipt of the final report.
-Not involving a change of residence: 16,000 €.
-Involving relocation in a country other than your current residence: 24,000 €.
The aforementioned amounts include trips, accommodation, maintenance, studio rentals, etc. These amounts will be incremented to include medical insurance (if the fellow changes the residency country) and, in cases of study, the registration fees of the chosen Education Centre, pending approval, will be covered by the Fundación Botín.
Applicants for study grants must be between 23 and 40 years old. There is no age limit for the research grants.
After being awarded, the grants shall be effective for the stipulated period and without interruption. Grants must be initiated before the end of 2014. The grants would be considered definitively assigned when a written confirmation by the applicant is received at the Fundación. Participation in Fundación Botín Grant Awards implies total acceptance o rules and conditions.
The closing date for applications is 2.00 p.m. on Friday 30 April 2014 at the Fundación Botín. Applications received at the Fundación Botín in the week after the closing date will be accepted if they bear a postmark prior to 26th of April 2013. The decision will be published after the 1 July 2014.
- Online application form;
- Photocopy of Identity Card or Passport;
- Passport size photo of applicant;
- Full address and telephone numbers of both place of origin and destination;
- Curriculum vitae, indicating academic qualifications, professional activities, exhibitions, prizes, scholarships, etc (3 Din A4 maximum at one single face);
- Graphic Documentation, prints or color photocopies of the work of the artist ( originals will not be accepted, as well as accompanying documentation such as catalogs, brochures, original works, etc.)
For Individual Projects and Research:- Project title and summary (one hundred words maximum);
- Memory of the Project: goal, action plan (stages of development and schedule) and your personal reasons for wanting to carry it out. ( 10 Din A4 maximum at one single face )
For Study Grants:- Information about the Educational Center or Residence Center elected ( location, dates, fees, etc.);
- Memory of personal reasons about the convenience of the stay and its relation to current projects ( 3 Din A4 maximum at one single face).
The Foundation reserves the right to request, upon indication from the jury, the submission of documents. The documentation provided with the application should preferably be in Spanish; English will be accepted in exceptional cases. For organizational issues and valuation, the documentation of the applicant must be submitted in DIN A4 format occupying a maximum of 40 Din A4 at one single face ( should not have staples, nor be bound). Any application that does not conform to this standard will be rejected. In case of audiovisual projects, the artist can make a DVD accompanying the dossier required.