Erasmus Mundus Program in Computational Logic
AboutComputational Logic is a wide interdisciplinary field having its theoretical and practical roots in mathematics, computer science, logic, and artificial intelligence. Its subfields include
-Methods of formal specification and verification
-The relationship between theoretical computer science and logic.
Indeed, the wideness of the scope of computational logic anchors in the power and generality of logic based reasoning across the spectrum of scientific disciplines, and in its practical use in the form of computer supported automated tools. As a consequence, it has its applications in computer science itself, mathematics, the engineering sciences, humanities and social sciences including law, as well as in the natural sciences and in interdisciplinary fields like cognitive science.
Scholarships should be considered as "full scholarships" covering all necessary costs of the student during his/her study period in Europe
- Prerequisites for the enrollment in EMCL are a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or an equivalent degree, and objective evidence of extensive knowledge in the areas Foundations of Mathematical Logic, Foundations of Artificial Intelligence, Declarative Programming and Theoretical Computer Science.
- The specific requirements mentioned in Part (1) can be shown by examination records, transcript of records or other forms of written proof.
- As the language of instruction is English, a proof of adequate knowledge of English is required (preferably TOEFL or IELTS).
- Whether a student fulfills the requirements mentioned in Part (1) to (3) is decided by the Joint Commission.
- EMCL-Application form (the completed and signed form should be sent by mail in case of admission, only)
- TUD online registration is mandatory if students have been admitted to the program. The completed and signed TUD registration form for Non-German students and German students must be be sent by mail.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Copy of passport
- Reports on university examinations (transcripts)
- Diploma (first degree or bachelor degree). If the bachelor degree will only be available after the deadline for application, applicants are required to send us a PRELIMINARY certificate. This document must be signed and stamped by the home university and give the information when the studies will be finished and the final degree will be issued.
- Two recommendation letters
- English language certificate (TOEFL- or IELTS-reports). If the official report is not available before 31 January it can be sent later.
The following documents are not relevant for the evaluation of the application but must be sent in case of your final admission by mail:- Higher Secondary School Certificate /Intermediate Examination Certificate.
- Dichiarazione di Valore (DV). This document is issued by the competent Italian diplomatic authorities in the country where the student received his/her bachelor degree. More information on this document will be provided by the International Relation Office of FUB on enquiry (EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org). The DV must be submitted after arrival at FUB.