Erasmus Mundus in German Literature in the European Middle Ages
The GLITEMA (German Literature in the European Middle Ages) EMMC is an integrated Master Course run by a consortium of three full partner universities (Porto, PT [co-ordinator], Bremen, Palermo), supported by a number of associated partner HEIs (Amsterdam, Bamberg, FU Berlin, Cairo, Greifswald, Ljubljana, Mainz, Moscow [Lomonosov], North Carolina, Olomouc, Rio de Janeiro, Salzburg, Santiago de Compostela, Vienna and Zurich).
The basic premise for the GLITEMA EMMC is the understanding that Medieval culture, in order to be fully comprehended, must be analysed from within its wider European context: in particular, the traditional “national philological approach”, which has informed Medieval German Studies since their inception during the 19th century, does not allow students to understand the full extent to which today’s national cultures in Europe have their roots in a common – Medieval – past. Thus, this EMMC aims to emphasize the pre-national nature of German Medieval Studies and analyse them from within their European context; to this end, the potentialities of trans-national student and staff mobility within the EU will be used to underpin the European approach to the subject.
Scholarships should be considered as "full scholarships" covering all necessary costs of the student during his/her study period in Europe
Since most of the course will be taught in German, a good working knowledge of the language (level C.1 in Bremen and B.2 in Palermo and Porto) is a pre-requirement; tuition in this language will be offered by Palermo and Porto, while students are also expected to gain linguistic skills in Italian and/or Portuguese through intensive language training programmes.
A maximum of thirty students will be selected for the programme; only those candidates who have obtained a good first cycle degree in a relevant area of studies will be eligible for selection.
ApplicationApplicants must provide the following documents:
- CV (Europass CV) (sent as attachment by E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Copy of passport (sent as attachment by E-Mail to: email@example.com)
- Original and certified (translated) copy of university diplomas (sent as attachment by E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Original and certified (translated) transcript of study results diplomas (sent as attachment by E-Mail to: email@example.com)
- Certified copy of language test results diplomas (sent as attachment by E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Motivation letter diplomas (sent as attachment by E-Mail to: email@example.com)
- Recommendation letter: Please ask the lecturer who will write your recommendation letter to send it directly to the following E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.