Joint Master in IT for Business IntelligenceBusiness Intelligence (BI) has become a huge industrial domain and a major economic driver, however overlooked by academics. It encompasses many scientific and technological fields including data warehouses, data mining, content analytics, business process management, visual analytics, and requires competences in information systems, web science, decision science, software engineering, and innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Erasmus Mundus Master's Programme in Information Technologies for Business Intelligence (IT4BI) is designed to provide understanding, knowledge and skills in this broad scope of fields. Its main objective is to train computer scientists who understand and help develop the strategies of modern enterprise decision makers.
The programme favours the integration of students into a network of specialists and researchers in BI. The curriculum is jointly delivered by Universite Libre de Bruxelles in Belgium, Universite Francois Rabelais Tours in France, Ecole Centrale Paris in France, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya in Spain and Technische Universitat Berlin in Germany. Scholars from academic partners around the world and partners from leading industries in BI, private R&D companies, service companies, public research institutes, and public authorities will contribute to the programme by training students, providing computers, software, course material, job placement or internship perspectives, as well as financial support. This consortium will prepare the graduates not only to answer today's professional challenges by a strong connection with the needs coming from the industry, but also to pursue their studies into doctorate programs, through strong connections with the researchers' and innovators' views.
IT4BI is a 2-year (4 semesters, 120 ECTS) programme. The first year is devoted to fundamentals: the first semester at ULB, the second one at UFRT. Then, all students participate to the European Business Intelligence Summer School. In the third semester, the programme offers three specialisations at ECP, UPC and TUB and students move to the partner of the chosen specialisation. The fourth semester is dedicated to the master�s thesis and can be realised at either as a placement in industry, or as an internship in a research laboratory in any full or associated partner. Eventually, all students will be gathered in the workshop �Business Intelligence: Innovation Meets Research�. The tuition language is English. The program targets students with a Bachelor of Science (or a level equivalent to 180 ETCS) with major in Computer Science, as well as an English proficiency corresponding to level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Upon completion of the program, graduates will be awarded with a multiple degree, the national master�s degrees from ULB, UFRT and the university of the specialisation.
To apply to IT4BI, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- They have been awarded a Bachelor�s degree (i.e., the equivalent of 180 ECTS) with a major in computer science, from an accredited university. Applicants could click here to check if the University complies with this criterion.
- They must be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognised test equivalent to level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The consortium will rely on how certification bodies evaluate their own equivalences against this framework, e.g., Cambridge General English FCE, IELTS (Academic) 5.5, TOEFL (paper based) 570, TOEFL (computer based) 230, TOEFL (internet based) 88, etc.
Scholarship24,000 euros per year.
Applicants must follow these steps for the Master programme:
1. Register an account HERE
2. Log in with your username and password
3. Complete the application forms and upload the necessary attachments (you will be notified by email of the progress of your application)
4. Make sure that your referees uploaded their recommendation letter before the application deadline
5. Submit your application (notice that you cannot apply to more than three Erasmus Mundus programmes)
6. Make sure you have received an acknowledgment by email confirming your application
Before you start, be sure you have the following documentation:
- Cover letter (stating your interest, your possibilities in the Master, and anything you consider relevant to know for the
- Selection Committee)
- Photo (passport size)
- Bachelor certificate (at least 180 ECTS)
- Official transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
- Proof of contracts