Erasmus Mundus in Dependable Software Systems
The National University of Ireland Maynooth (NUIM) in Ireland; the University of St. Andrews (UStA) in Scotland; and Université de Lorraine, Nancy (UL) in France are offering a two-year double Master Programme, named Erasmus Mundus MSc in Dependable Software Systems (DESEM).
Course Objective: Our objective is to provide students with the knowledge, skill and in-depth technical understanding of the key concepts required to design and build dependable software systems. This will be achieved by bringing together the theory and practice of software development and, in particular, through the transfer of knowledge from the classroom via research driven and commercially relevant projects.
Degree Description: The double-degree will be achieved over two years, through the allocation of 120ECTS. Students will study in two of the three partner universities, achieving a diploma supplement from each university in which they accomplish 60ECTS from the DESEM Programme. A student will achieve the double Erasmus Mundus MSc in Dependable Software Systems, through studying the relevant course components at two of the three partner universities.
Scholarships should be considered as "full scholarships" covering all necessary costs of the student during his/her study period in Europe
The following criteria must be fulfilled by students applying for the Erasmus Mundus MSc in Dependable Software Systems:
- An honours degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with an average grade of 60% (equivalent to a B, II.1, or assez bien) or above. Extensive industrial experience may be considered as equivalent to academic qualification although such applicants will normally be subject to interview by the consortium.
- English-Language certificate (for non-native speakers of English only). Since the language of instruction is primarily English, students whose first language is not English must provide proof of a minimum knowledge of English such as an IELTS certificate or equivalent obtained in the last two years. An IELTS score of 6.5 or higher is required with a minimum of 5.5 in each indvidual component of the test. Applicants who have previously completed part or all of their education through the medium of English are still required to provide a Certificate. You must upload a copy of your certificate before the close of applications or your application will be incomplete.
The language of instruction in Université de Lorraine, Nancy is English. However, it is recommended that students who intend to study in France have a minimum knowledge of French to help them in their day-to-day living (for instance B1 or B2 in DALF).
ApplicationSupporting documents that must be uploaded by the application deadline:
- Copies of official transcripts of results for all qualifications listed in your application.
- Transcripts of results in languages other than English should be accompanied by a translation into English PLUS a copy of the original certificate indicating the award.
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from the institution your have graduated/will graduate from)
- Your CV (we recommend that you use the European Format)
- A copy of your Birth Certificate or valid Passport
- A copy of your English Language Competency Certificate i.e. IELTS, TOEFL PBT, TOEFL IBT, or PTE (you must have one of these certificates if English is not your native language)
- Signed copy of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Criteria.