Erasmus Mundus Master of Science in Ecohydrology
Erasmus Mundus Master Course in Ecohydrology (ECOHYD) is constituted by the European partners institutions such as: University of ALGARVE (Portugal), University of LODZ (Poland), University of KIEL (Germany), UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education (Netherlands), also by the University of La PLATA (Argentina) and several Associated members.
By choosing EM ECOHYD Course, you have decided to study at the top higher education institutions in the area of ecohydrology. Quality of our consortium is what attracts students from abroad, as it creates highly specialized professionals in the area of Integrated Management of Aquatic Ecosystems and Resources (IMAER) based on the Ecohydrology approach and principles.
Scholarships should be considered as "full scholarships" covering all necessary costs of the student during his/her study period in Europe
The Master's degree is designed to provide additional education or training in the student's specialized branch of knowledge. The minimum requirements for admission to the Masters are:
1. Strong Academic Background in appropriate disciplines.
It means candidates must hold a high education diploma issued by a competent High Education authority attesting the completion of a degree equivalent to a 1st cycle (180 ECTS), in a field where analytical laboratories play an important role. This may be a degree in Ecology, Biology, Marine Biology, Environmental Engineering, etc.
2. Demonstrate command of the English language.
The candidate must prove he/she can understand, speak and write English proficiently enough to take the majority of modules, which are taught in English. Possible examples include:
- TOEFL scores paper 575 / computer 232;
- Internet based TOEFL (TOEFL iBT™ ) total score 94;
- International English Language Testing System, IELTS scores 6.5;
- General Certificate of Education, GCSE, AS Level, A Level;
- Cambridge Proficiency Certificate, CPE, Level 4-5;
- Oxford Higher Certificate, International Certificate Conference (ICC Stage 3 Technical);
3. Adequate financial resources.
When you apply there is no guarantee that you will be considered for an ERASMUS MUNDUS scholarship so you should be fully aware of the financial costs of the programme. All candidates must take the financial aspects in consideration when applying. The studentships are extremely competitive and only the very best students in a field of many excellent applicants will be awarded with the scholarships.
You should indicate clearly if you are relying on ERASMUS MUNDUS or other studentships to finance your study.
Before final acceptance, candidates who were not awarded a studentship will be required to submit a Guarantee of full financial support for the duration of the studies. The University needs to know that you have sufficient funds to cover the entire period of study. This document must be signed by whomever is meeting your university expenses. It may also have to be certified by a bank or lawyer. Keep a copy of this form since you may also need it to apply for your student visa. Please note, however, that the university will issue the relevant certificate of eligibility for a student visa only if you are able to document fully your source(s) of income.
ApplicationHere is the list of information/documents to provide in order to complete your applications:
- Completed and signed Application Form;
- CV in English (using Europass template is strongly recommended).
- Copy of your diploma(s), with translation in English (done by your educational institution or by an official institution);
- Records of the study history (study performances and exam results with information on ECTS, Transcript of Records or equivalent document);
- Two (2) letters of recommendation in English (whose at least one from an academic referee);
- A synthetic motivation statement in English to present your career project and motivate your application (2000 words max);
- English certificate; Not required if you are a Native English speaker or if you did your studies in English (in that later case, you must provide an official statement issued by your university confirming that the medium of instruction was English);
- If applicable, you can send also some proof of relevant professional and/or extra-academic qualifications that can improve the application;
- Copy of passport information page (should include the passport number, your name, and your photo)