Piscopia-Marie Curie Fellowship Programme at University of Padova
PISCOPIA is a Programme co-funded by the Marie Curie actions under the FP7 Programme of the European Union to attract outstanding junior researchers for a period of 12 or 24 months. The main objective is to reinforce the international dimension of the University of Padova. The Programme intends to support the most promising young researchers to implement their research project at the University of Padova and to acquire those complementary and transversal skills necessary to start their independent research career. All the disciplines present at the University are open for fellowships.
The co-funding action aims at increasing the European-wide mobility possibilities for training and career development of experienced researchers by supporting their trans-national mobility and broadening or deepening their individual competence, in particular in terms of acquisition of multi or interdisciplinary skills. The co-funding action aims to encourage existing or new regional or national programmes to open up to and provide for trans-national mobility. Researchers selected by the PISCOPIA Programme will be considered as �Marie Curie Fellows�.
PISCOPIA supports the following types of mobilities:
Short incoming fellowships: for applicants from any country inside or outside Europe lasting 12 months.
Long incoming fellowships: for applicants from any country inside or outside Europe lasting 24 months.
Reintegration fellowships: for applicants from Member State or Associated Countries interested in returning to Europe after a mobility experience in a Third Country lasting 24 months.
Experienced researchers from all nationalities in possession of a doctoral degree or with at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience at the time of the deadline for submission of the application are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible, researchers have to demonstrate transnational mobility:
- Incoming fellowships: applicants may originate from any country inside or outside Europe, provided however that at the time of the deadline for submission of proposals, they must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in Italy for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date
- Reintegration fellowships: applications are reserved to Member State or Associated Country applicants provided that, at the time of the deadline for submission of proposals, they have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in a Third Country for at least 24 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the deadline for submission of proposals and are now interested in returning to Europe to further their research interests.
In order to support the most promising young experienced researchers, helping them in their career development, permanently employed researchers of universities and research centres are all excluded from entering the competition.
The fellows will have full employment contracts according to the current internal regulations of the University. In addition to their salary they will receive:
- a mobility allowance: 3,038.50�/year (Total gross employee remuneration)
- a travel allowance: maximum of 1.250�/year for fellows coming from outside Europe and 550�/year for fellows coming from Europe
- a contribution to research costs: 5.000�/year for lab-based research and 2.000�/year for non lab-based research
- a training program to develop complementary skills.
Submissions must be done jointly with a professor of the University that will act as supervisor. A letter of acceptance from the hosting Department must be submitted with the application. Applicants can submit a proposal in any of the scientific domains present at the University.