Master Scholarships at University of Twente
The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente, Netherlands.
In order to apply for this scholarship, you already need to be (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying Master programmes before 15 March 2014.
Qualifying master programs are: Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Business Administration, Business Information Technology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Management, Communication Studies, Computer Science, Construction Management and Engineering, Educational Science and Technology, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, European Studies, Health Sciences, Human Media Interaction, Industrial Design Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management, Environmental and Energy Management, Mechanical Engineering, Nanotechnology, Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society, Public Administration, Science Education and Communication, Sustainable Energy Technology, Systems and Control, Telematics.
The scholarships are available for the students of EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries. The UTS is NOT available for Dutch and/or current UT Bachelor students.
To be eligible:
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant;
- You have completed a pre-master at the University of Twente (if applicable);
- While doing your pre-master programme at the University of Twente, you may already apply for a UTS. However, you must complete your pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7.5 (out of 10) to be eligible for a UTS and comply with above mentioned requirements.
ScholarshipThe scholarship amounts € 6,000 – € 25,000 for one year (approximately 30 scholarships available).
In case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year to cover the expenses of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second year when students meet the process requirements for the UTS.
You must have obtained:
- An average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year;
- At least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year;
- 90% of European Credits before start of the second year programme.
Step 1: Admission (before 15 March 2014);
Step 2: UTS application online (before 31 March 2014);
Step 3: Applicants will be notified whether their application was successful by 1 May 2014.