The University of Western Australia Scholarships for International StudentsThere are two major scholarships schemes:
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS)
- UWA Scholarships for International Research Fees (SIRF)
These schemes seek to attract top quality international postgraduate students to areas in which the University has specialised research strengths and to support Australia's research effort.
Successful applicants can expect to become members of a research team, working under the direction of senior researchers and in an area which has attracted external resources.
All travel and relocation costs are the responsibility of the applicant.
BenefitsTuition Fee Scholarship, Fortnightly Stipend and Health Insurance worth $27228 per annum is covered by the IPRS Scholarships.
A SIRF scholarship covers the cost of international tuition fees, and required health insurance premiums for the awardee only.
The IPRS and SIRF Scholarships are only available to applicants who:
- have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent
- may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of honours achieved, that is first or second class honours
- intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a master's degree by research or a PhD degree
- will be commencing their course in the semester following the scholarship round in which they have successfully applied.