Grant Program for Creative and Innovative Peace Projects
Peace Projects is a grant program launched by The Journalists and Writers Foundation to support innovative conflict resolution and peace-building projects focused on preventing, managing and resolving violent conflict and promoting post-conflict peace-building. Peace Projects Grant Program awards will support projects that apply a broad range of disciplines, skills and approaches promoting peaceful coexistence through dialogue and reconciliation; fostering pluralism, good governance, freedom of belief; advancing social and economic development and environmental responsibility; upholding respect for human rights, and gender equality and empowerment, among others. Project topics:
- Inter-communal and inter-state dialogue/cooperation;
- Peace education;
- Pluralism and multiculturalism;
- Youth, conflict and peace-building;
- Early warning and conflict prevention;
- Mediation and negotiation;
- Post-conflict reconciliation;
- Disarmament, demobilization and reintegration;
- Good governance, rule of law and transitional justice;
- Poverty, development and peace-building;
- Gender and peace-building;
- Religion and peace-building;
- Role of media in conflict and peace-building;
- Social-psychological impacts of violent conflict and trauma healing;
- Development and peace-building;
- Social media and peace-building.
Project Grants of maximum US$50,000 will be given to implement the project. Best Implementation Cash Awards will be provided:
- US$30,000 – First Place Award;
- US$20,000 – Second Place Award;
- US$10,000 – Third Place Award.
Eligible to apply are not-for-profit organizations with at least one member of the team over 18 years old. There are no geographical restrictions on applicants.
Application deadline is 30 September 2014, 11:59 pm (GMT+02:00).Tweet Share