Scholarships for Young Artists
deadline: 18 April
Scholarships for Young Artists at the Hochschule für Bildende Künste Braunschweig (Germany)
The Braunschweig University of Art is an internationally orientated art university with the right to grant doctorates and the right of habilitation. With 1,100 students in Fine Arts, Performing Arts, ART.Education, Design, Aesthetics & Art History and Media Studies, the Braunschweig University of Art is one of the largest art academies.
Excellently equipped studios and laboratories provide the ideal working conditions for all intellectual, creative and artistic processes.
The Federal State of Lower Saxony and the Hochschule für Bildende Künste Braunschweig (HBK) invite applications for scholarships in 2015/16:
a) Three (3) «Braunschweig PROJECTS» Scholarships for artists of Sound Art
b) Five (5) «Braunschweig PROJECTS» Scholarships for artists of Fine Arts
These scholarships are part of the promotion programme for artists of the Braunschweig University of Art and the State of Lower Saxony. This programme is aimed at young artists who are interested in working intensively on artistic projects in the close environment of an art university.
The integration oft he scholars into the teaching conducted at the HBK Braunschweig is an essential element of HBK´s efforts to promote young artistic talents. However, no fee payments, no lectureship or work as a lecturer can be derived from this involvement.
The project to be proposed by the applicant must constitute a material contribution to the ongoing development of the means of artistic expression.
No grant will be paid if, during the scholarship term, the applicant receives regular benefits from any third party (e.g. residency or work grants) or grants paid by the Federal State.
In the course of their scholarship term, and upon completion of the latter, all scholars will have to present their artistic projects in a presentation or performance or any other equivalent way.
Young Artists can compete for Scholarships at the Hochschule für Bildende Künste Braunschweig (Germany)
a) Three (3) grants in the field of sound art
Eligible applicants will receive a grant in the amount of 1,250.00 EUR per month for a maximum term of six (6) months, including a minimum of three (3) months of compulsory residence at the HBK Braunschweig. Depending on the intended project, an additional allowance will be available for the costs of materials and travels upon submission of a project costing in consultation with the chosen mentor.
The scholarship term is expected to start on May 1, 2016.
b) Five (5) grants in the field of fine arts
Eligible applicants will receive a grant in the amount of 1,250.00 EUR per month for a term of twelve (12) months, including a minimum of eight (8) months of compulsory residence at the HBK Braunschweig. Depending on the intended project, an additional allowance will be available for the costs of materials and travels upon submission of a project costing in consultation with the chosen mentor.
The scholarship term is expected to start on November 1, 2015.
(Arrival for the beginning of scholar’s residence time is possible from 16 November 2015).
How to Apply?
1. Applications must be made on the appropriate application form and filed by April 18, 2015 (date of receipt by regular mail). The application must be for one of the scholarships specified above (no double applications will be accepted, nor any applications by e-mail) and should be addressed to:
Präsident (m.d.W.d.G.b.) der Hochschule für Bildende Künste Braunschweig
Kennwort: Braunschweig PROJECTS – Sound Art – or! – Fine Arts
2. The following documents must be included in the application:
- Printed Application form with personal data, c.v., artistic background/development and scholarships received in the past
- Examples of applicant’s artistic work:
Printed Portfolio (no larger than DIN A4, 10 pages, 10 images) and, if available, one solo catalogue (no group catalogues);
For sound art and video work: no more than 2 DVDs / CDs. Please do not send any originals!
- Printed Description of the artistic project (no more than 2 DIN A4 pages)
- Readable evidence of your birth date (e.g. copy of identity card or passport).
3. By recommendation of a high-ranking jury, with a representative of the State Ministry for Science and Culture on the panel, the Federal State of Lower Saxony will decide on the award of the several scholarships.
The results will be communicated to you by e-mail in June.
4. You are kindly requested to include a self-addressed and pre-paid reply envelope (German Postage Stamps), otherwise we will not be able to return your documents.
Стипендии для молодых артистов