LEAD Alliance Program
Deadline: December 30, 2016
Under the LEAD Alliance program, emerging leaders from Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Bhutan and Burma will participate in interactive discussions, technical workshops, networking events and cultural exchanges at a four-day, international summit to be held in May, 2017. LEAD Alliance focuses on three key policy themes: environment & urbanization; poverty alleviation & unemployment; and transparency & anti-corruption.
Participants who are chosen for the program will be paired with peer mentors from Mongolia to
exchange experiences, successes and challenges to democratic development in their respective countries as well as join a growing network of international democracy advocates.
By joining the LEAD Alliance, you will have opportunities to regularly connect with peers, attend networking events and jointly implement community projects in your home country. Five participants each from Kyrgyzstan, Bhutan and Burma will be selected for the exchange through a competitive process. If selected, you will be invited to join the LEAD Alliance—including international travel to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia to attend the 2017 LEAD Alliance Summit!
Applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be between 25 and 40 years of age;
- Demonstrated commitment to community leadership & democratic values;
- Sufficient command of the English language in order to communicate with other LEAD fellows;
- Demonstrated five years professional or volunteer experience related to LEAD policy themes;
- Valid passport & ability to travel to Mongolia in May, 2017;
- A current citizen of Burma, Bhutan or Kyrgyzstan residing and working in your home country.
E-mail your completed application to LeadAlliance@iri.org by December 30, 2016. Please do not submit additional materials. Applications will be evaluated by IRI Mongolia Office. Online submission is strongly encouraged.Tweet Share